- Syncs your real, native browser bookmarks directly
- Use any browser that supports Web extensions (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera, Brave, Vivaldi, ...; Safari not yet)
- Install the floccus Android app to access your bookmarks on your phone
- Create as many sync profiles as you need
- Control sync strategy (i.e. uni- or bidirectional), sync interval and synced folder
- Easily export your configuration
- Keep your credentials secure with an encryption passphrase
If you'd like to support the creation and maintenance of this software, please consider donating. :)
If you don't know how to start with Floccus, read these guides.
If you need help, talk to us on gitter, matrix (
#marcelklehr_floccus:gitter.im), in the official Nextcloud Bookmarks talk channel, or drop me a mail!
- Emojis: MySQL doesn't support emojis out of the box, so if you're syncing to nextcloud and getting Error code 500 from nextcloud, check the nextcloud log for SQL errors and proceed as explained in the nextcloud docs if you get charset errors.
If you need help sorting out problems, try the gitter chat room: https://gitter.im/marcelklehr/floccus
Is this a good idea? I think so. If you'd like to know more, check out the considerations file
Cirrus floccus is a type of cloud, that can sync your browser data looks very nice.
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
This project follows the all-contributors specification.
All contributions, code, feedback and strategic advice, are welcome. If you have a question you can contact me directly via email or simply open an issue on the repository. I'm also always happy for people helping me test new features -- see the issues for announcements of beta versions.
Translations can now be provided over at transifex.
- Clone this repository.
- Install node.js v16 and npm 8
- In the root of your floccus repo, run
npm install && npm install -g gulp
- Find out more on how to develop browser extensions here: https://extensionworkshop.com/
For building the android app you'll need Android Studio
- Open the android/ folder in Android studio and build the App like any other Android app.
gulp watchwill push changes to android/ as necessary
Run the following to automatically compile changes as you make them:
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]
(c) Marcel Klehr MPL-2.0 (see LICENSE.txt)